[TenTec] OMNI-VI problem

K8mp at aol.com K8mp at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 06:12:37 PDT 2009

Anyone seen an OMNI-VI do this?

Symptoms:
The rig appears to be stuck on the same QRG all the time. The  freq display
changes when you crank the tuning knob, but it's not actually  changing the
RX freq and I suspect it's the same with the TX freq.   Changing the RIT
has no effect either.

If I change bands, the RX freq does change. For example, if I switch  to
160, I hear what I believe is an AM broadcast station. However,  the tuning
knob still has no effect. I'd like to be able to ID  that station, to find out
its freq.  That might give me a hint as to what  has failed. Its audio is
unintelligible because I can't tune to  zero-beat.

By the way, 160 is the only band that I can hear a signal. I suspect the
other bands must be stuck on obscure frequencies.

Master reset didn't help.

Thanks, Joe, K8MP