[TenTec] Omni VI driver problem

Gordon Gibson gordon at gibson174.plus.com
Tue Oct 6 13:31:51 PDT 2009

Hi Guys

I have had a problem on my Omni VI PA board I lost the driver transistors
(2SC1969)  Q1 & Q2, I had to replace the bias regulator components for the
drivers LM825 & MJE520 all of which I have now replaced

However we have a problem in the UK of getting Bona Fida 2SC1969's I bought
2 lots of so called Genuine Mitsubishi Transistors that proved to be fakes

I now have found some unmarked transistors from Grandata which work great at
LF but fall off rapidly I get the full 100w on 80m but only 20w by the time
I get up to 20m and only 5W on 10m

I am  told that the 2SC1969 is obsolete and that the replacement is an
ERF2030 which is supposed to be a direct mechanical substitute but not
electrical

Firstly,has anyone in the group had experience of these ERF2030's and if so
what changes need to be made to get them to work

I have found a source for them in the UK but its the same firm that sold me
the fake 2SC1969's

Secondly are there any other devices out there I can use. looking for
suggestions

73 de Gordon G3ZFZ