[TenTec] Argonaut 509 sidetone "pop"

Ed - K9EW k9ew57 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:23:20 PDT 2009

Hi Gil,

Yes, the T/R switching line in the 509 really wants to see a good
solid ground for proper operation.  I've had to try various keyer
output transistors to get decent operation.  No problem with a manual
key.

I have heard of others with the same or similar problems, and the
solution always seems to point to getting a very low voltage drop to
ground for proper operation of the T/R line.  So I would suggest
trying different transistors in the output of your keyer.

Let us know what you find.

73,
ed - k9ew
www.k9ew.us