[TenTec] Help with Ham Radio Deluxe and Orion

John T. Fleming john at w3gqj.net
Mon Oct 12 15:36:19 PDT 2009

I think the confusion here is the 712 is strictly a USB sound card connector
and has circuitry to create a PTT signal for the AXC PTT connection based on
sound being created in the USB adapter.

HRD needs the full serial connection to the back of the Orion because
digital information is sent both directions based on the program polling the
radio or sending data to the radio to do something in the computers in the
radio.

73,
John