[TenTec] WTB OMNI VI Plus for new Ham

David & Chris Drake drakes at psci.net
Thu Oct 15 14:29:09 PDT 2009

Hi Bill,
I agree with Geoffrey.  Suggust for a new ham you steer him/her to a good
Omni C (latest model of the early Omni Series) or possibly an early Corsair
(dark brown front panel).  Both have excellent audio, easy to repair (TT
still services these too) and were well known for above par CW.  Certainly
not very intimidating radios, which is good for a new ham.  They also hold
there value very very well.

But if he/she has lots of extra cash, then an Omni VI or a Plus is a great
radio, computer operable, but expect to pay $1000 and up for a good one.  A
plus with a power supply may run $1300-$1400.  (A way better radio bargain
than a new Jupiter).  These do come up for sale often on the list, and is
usually a ham moving up to a Omni VII or Orion II.  Keep your eyes peeled !!
Good luck
David
Wd9cmd