[TenTec] omni v chip upgrade

N4PY2 n4py2 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 8 17:42:23 PDT 2009

When first installing this chip, an initialization procedure

must first be run. With the new chip installed, do the following:

1) Power on the Omni V

2) Press the reset button on the right hand side of the Omni V

3) Power off the Omni V

Now clear all memories and set the band registers to the

default values:

1) Power off the Omni V.9

2) Press and hold the clr/clk key.

3) Power on while the clr/clk key is pressed.

4) Release the clr/clk key after 1 second.

The Omni V.92 should now be ready for use.

Remember, the keys on the keypad now have different assignments and really
need to be relabelled.  See the omniv92.txt file I sent you.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Mountain Drive
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com