[TenTec] Ten-tec 962 ps problem problem

Phil Zminda phil-z at comcast.net
Mon Sep 14 18:27:41 PDT 2009

Jerry,

Thanks for your help. The problem was the bridge; it was shorted. I
got the replacement from Mouser and now it's working. As for holiday
breakdowns, I found out that my Astron RS-20 supply also had a problem
under load when I tried to use it to replace the 962. Even though I
knew it couldn't deliver the full 22 amps, I thought I could get by at
75 watts or so.  I finally took it apart and found an un-soldered or
barely soldered connection at the base of one of the pass transistors.
I got both fixed this past weekend.

Thanks and 73,

Phil N3ZP