[TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't always greener at the other side of the fence...

Mark pa5mw at home.nl
Fri Sep 18 10:07:01 PDT 2009

Guys,

Sure many of you want to have issues fixed on their Orion through new
firmware, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.
I don't want to bash Elecraft ( I love them and own 2 K2's and XV144 and
XV50) but for those of you who want to trade their Orion for a K3, you
better read this first:

http://www.g4ilo.com/2009/09/review-of-elecraft-k3-18-months-on.html

Why am I showing this news?
My friend has a K3 for 18 months too and he sure recognizes the
mentioned issues.
We have compared his K3 on 160m against my Orion on a few occasions.
Marginal differences in favor of the Orion.
But do I think about a K3? For VHF transverter use yeah, perhaps. For
HF, low bands?
Not in a million years.

Still the K3 is also a GREAT novelty in hamradio equipment.

Some love sheep, others love cows*
Both furry and tastefull :)

73 Mark, PA5MW
* me likes pork