[TenTec] Omni A-D Series B project Con't

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Thu Apr 1 07:31:27 PDT 2010

On 3/31/2010 8:03 PM, Louis Ciotti wrote:
> Yes, but I have a feeling this radio spent some time in a damp
> environment (Some Rust on some care screws), so it sill probably take
> a few applications.

No, it won't take multiplications. One sparing application (there's no
benefit to soaking the insulation) of the tiniest possible drops to the
metal interfaces, then some mechanical exercise to wipe the surfaces
clean after the DeoxIT has had a bit of time (minutes, not days) to
soften the grunge. Mechanical exercise as in sliding the contacts in a
normal manner. Lots of mechanical exercise running the switch end to end
stop.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM, David Goncalves
> <davegoncalves at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Have you applied the contact cleaners yet?
>>
>> David Goncalves
>> W1EUJ
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Louis Ciotti<lciotti1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Well I got the PTO all re greased.  I ended up using Phil Wood
>>> waterproof grease, as recommended by some prior list postings.  PTO is
>>> nice a smooth now.
>>>
>>> Now, still have a few positions on the Band selector switch that are
>>> not working.  So that is still on the list.  While checing out the
>>> PTO, I had it hooked up to my antenna, and found some signals.  I
>>> noticed that the Audio is really quiet and when I turn it up it is
>>> distorted, but I am think the speaker(s) may be bad.  Anyone recommend
>>> a replacement?, ofcourse I still have to try an external speaker to
>>> verify that is the problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Lou
>>> K2LRV