[TenTec] Omni A-D Series B Con't

David Goncalves davegoncalves at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:12:17 PDT 2010

Had the same problem with my Omni-D. Do clean the crystal pins and sockets
first.
Sockets can be cleaned with a toothpick moistened with DeOxit.

Is that don't completely fix it, you can tighten up the crystal sockets by
using a toothpick (again!) to try and squeeze the two sides of the socket
cup tighter.

Removing that board should be your LAST resort.

David Goncalves

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Louis Ciotti <lciotti1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I took to cover off ans was poking around.  I found that if I bush
> down on the crystal socket, the non-working bands come alive.  So at
> this point I am assuming a bad solder joint at or near that point.
> Now I just have to get brave enough to get that board out.  It has
> some of the band switches on it and am wondering how to get that
> "chain" off so I can remove the board to get at the bottom side.

David Goncalves