[TenTec] Opinions on the Paragon

jrhallas at optonline.net jrhallas at optonline.net
Mon Apr 5 10:54:08 PDT 2010

To my knowledge, there is no easy way to add just 60 meters to a Paragon's transmit range. It is very simple, however, to let it transmit over all of its range. There is a wire on top of the chassis that has a tag on it that reads "amateur" or something (sorry I'm at the office right now, out of range of the radio). If you clip that, it will transmit everywhere, including on 60 meters. This requires caution, obviously, but it seems to work fine on mine, and has been that way for many years.

Very nice radio, except the close-in dynamic range doesn't match current top line transceivers with narrow roofing filters.

GL & 73, Joel
Joel R. Hallas, W1ZR