[TenTec] help in soldering pl259 outside

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Mon Apr 5 15:09:26 PDT 2010

The 260 Watt Weller should do the trick.  I recently bought one for exactly
that purpose but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  At Field Day a couple
of years ago we needed to solder a PL259 and we were only able to do it
using the heat from two of the more common 120 Watt Wellers.  Lucky we had a
pair of them handy!

            Ron  N6IE
       www.N6IE.com