[TenTec] help in soldering pl259 outside

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Apr 5 17:39:28 PDT 2010

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:30:47 -0400, Dave Edwards wrote:

>With a fat clean tinned tip, a silverplated connector, a vise etc...you can
>probably get the job done....but as the original post mentioned...out in the
>back yard, with some wind????   No Chance!!

When I first looked at my Hako and those connectors, I thought it would be as
you described, but I was mistaken, and so are you. My bench is outside on my
deck, and ALL of the connectors I've installed were done outside in the wind.
Most of the time, the temperature was in the 50s and 60s.

73,

Jim K9YC