[TenTec] Jupiter Solid Aluminum Main Tuning Dial

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Mon Apr 12 13:54:06 PDT 2010

I like the aluminum knob I made for the PTO on my Corsair II. My lathe
is too light to do a good job knurling so I don't offer it for
production. Perhaps if I had a sturdier lathe, or made a knob to take
the rubber sleeve. I would rather go hire a machine shop to make a
bucket of them though. I might own a sturdier lathe in a year or two.

Alternatives I see, McMaster-Carr offers aluminum and steel knobs
without cranks in 2" diamter 1-1/8" standoff from the panel, not drilled
for shaft or set screw 6077K14 for under $15 in my vintage catalog and
in stainless steel 6077K42 for less than $25. These would be fairly
weighty. Or they offer a 2" diameter knob (material not listed) with a
finger tip spinner for a quarter inch shaft with set screw, 7354K13 for
under $4.

Mouser offers from Alcoswitch, machined aluminum knobs 1-3/4" diameter
for quarter inch shaft with set screw with finger spinner, natural
finish for $24.24 black for $21.50 in my lat 2008 catalog that is handy
to the computer. 506-KN1751AS1/4 or 506-KN1751BS1/4. Or from Eagle
Plastics with dual set screws and a crank knob 1-3/4" diameter, 450-1755
for $8.55.

73, Jerry, K0CQ