[TenTec] Jupiter Solid Aluminum Main Tuning Dial

james.viars at comcast.net james.viars at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 11:20:17 PDT 2010

"Charletons?"

Seriously.

I was going to sell a dial. Never once did I make some boastful claim about how it was going to allow you to work some wonderful rare DX. Never once did I suggest that it was going to improve your receiver sensitivity. I never even hinted that it would cause you tune into a station more precisely. The only thing that I offered was a replacement to a plastic dial.

Granted, perhaps I was unprepared for the type of comments that were given. However, to reply in an open forum and tell me that I have overpriced my product is beyond insulting. Those types of comments are best left to a personal nature. But, sit down and go over the costs of matierial, transportation and labor costs. You figure out a way to produce something that has a low inital run and have it produced at a minimum cost, while still turning a profit.

Here, let me break it down....

Aluminum per dial- $2.00

Labor - $25.00

Transportation - $2.00 (assuming one dial per day)

Shipping -4.95 flat rate priority

Tax - not sure, but estimate $1 per unit for now

profit - aprox 15.00 per dial. This in turn will be reinvested for future ventures that I am hammering out.

Now that the cats' out of the bag...

I was going to, in the future, offer three tiers of knobs...Regular, Blue/black (depending on year of jupiter) and Custom engraved with YOUR call sign. I really did not want to go there yet, but my hand has been forced. Lets just consider what is being offered now as Version 1.0 (and upgrades are always less expensive, hint hint).

Again, and perhaps some people cannot cope with my blunt nature, I am only offering a dimensional copy of the factory dial. I never intended to reinvent the wheel. Heck, I don't even want to offer a better mouse trap. Just a simple aluminum dial.

73

N4EGA

ps. My call sign was updated with a vanity. It was KJ4QPK if you try looking me up, qrz has not updated my profile and personal pictures are gone for now. In addition, the EGA part of my call hides a bit of my character, just look it up. It's the first thing in Google.