[TenTec] Orion II v 2.042A: Not Ready for Prime Time!

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 13 20:21:46 PDT 2010

I've also found the same things that Ron has found. I haven't
verified audio quality in SSB yet, though I have briefly tested in
SSB. I found that the H/W mic gain needed to be increased by 3 to 6
dB with the panel mic gain set to 75. FM generates about 20 W output
while AM generates about 8 W output, both with the TX power set to 100.

AF AGC "sticks" as if the hang time of the AF AGC is set to "infinity."

The noise blanker works better than it did and may even be useful in CW.

Both the waterfall and spectrum displays look much better.

What's the address that we use to send bug reports to TT?

73,

Kim Elmore N5OP