[TenTec] Orion II v 2.042A: Not Ready for Prime Time!

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 13 20:25:24 PDT 2010

On SSB, I have not noticed any audio distortion using RF AGC.
However, using AF AGC, I note some audio distortion. I like a slow
AGC for 'fone work; in addition to the other problems with the AF
AGC, if I try to slow down the decay rate below 6 dB/s the AGC acts
as if the decay rate jumps to some astronomical value and audio
becomes very distiorted.

73,

Kim Elmore N5OP