[TenTec] Orion2 Firmware Update

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Thu Apr 15 10:19:14 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:31:22AM -0400, kc9cdt at aol.com wrote:
> It is a clear issue of just poor programming, testing (following a very
> detailed test plan)) and in general poor management of the development
> process. I am in the business...and that's why this happens.

	It's not an issue of programming at all.

	This list is the only place, where I've seen a bunch of people
who voluntarily download and install beta firmware, complain about bugs
in it and say all sorts of nasty things about the people who wrote it.

	It's not a production quality, fully tested release.  In the
software world, anything labeled 'alpha' or 'beta' is a pre-release, that
has NOT been run through the full QA process.  Very little testing, if
any, has been done.

	Think of it as an experimental plane.  If you choose to get into
it, you are accepting some risk associated with that act.

	That said, I'm sure TT would appreciate some feedback; do take
careful note of each of the bugs you've observed, document them fully,
and politely forward them on, but a public lynching is not appropriate.

	73,

	Majdi, N0RMZ