[TenTec] Orion2 Firmware Update

Martin Ewing martin.s.ewing at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:59:01 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:14 AM, <Rsoifer at aol.com> wrote:

> ...  Rather than trying to fix the existing firmware, might it  make more
> sense just to treat the O II as an  empty hardware platform, and  write an
> altogether new system?

Any of us users could take the schematics and write their own Orion firmware
from scratch.  We might even be able to reverse engineer parts of TT's
distribution.  (They don't ask you to sign away your rights like most
software makers do.)

So how many people have done this in the ~7 years the Orion has been
around?  That number will tell you something!

73 Martin AA6E