[TenTec] Omni VI plus

Natan w6xr at frontiernet.net
Wed Apr 21 16:31:20 PDT 2010

A friend of mine is leaving the country and has asked to sell or find the
value of his Ten Tec transceiver and accessories.  While I am well aware of
the value of my Orion II, I don't have any idea as to the value of this
radio or if I should just keep it or sell it.  What I was given is a Ten Tec
Omni VI Plus, p/n 564.  All of the filter positions are full and it comes
with a speaker unit made by Ten Tec and includes the power supply.  A Ten
Tec microphone is in the box and I know Ron  purchased it new (I helped him
install it originally)   and had it serviced only by Ten Tec.  He had the
new filters installed also by Ten Tec too!   Ham Radio just didn't stick for
him so he's getting out of it, much to my chagrin.  I know this radio has
been used for less than 6 months and there is no cosmetic issues I can see
during a detailed inspection.

I'm not at all familiar with the Omni VI Plus nor can I really comment on
its value or capabilities although when I had it running, it compared
favorably to my Orion II which is understandable since the bands were not
busy at that time.  So, I'm looking for what may be a fair value for the
radio with accessories of additional filters, a microphone by Ten Tec and
the speaker/power supply also made by Ten Tec.  Everything was purchased by
him new from mother Ten Tec.

73

Natan W6XR
Freeville, NY