[TenTec] Orion II Firmware Status Update April 23

Henry, John jhenry at tentec.com
Fri Apr 23 20:25:42 PDT 2010

In an effort to keep our customers up to date, I am reporting the
status for the Orion II firmware as to today's date.

Due to the time it would take to resolve all of the issues found by
internal testing and by beta testing in the 2.042 base firmware, we
decided to revert back to the previous release 2.039D, and make
improvements to it as requested by our customers. This release is now
in beta test, and will undergo a few modifications again early next
week.

This release will not contain the changes for AF AGC nor will it
contain the waterfall display. The combination of these two items
caused a large number of issues within the beta firmware of the 2.041
and 2.042 releases. Therefore we decided to hold off on releasing
those two features to the public. In the meantime we have combined our
internal problem tracking and improvement opportunities as identified
by others, even as late as this week, and generate a new beta based on
2.039D.

Pending beta testing inputs this weekend, we will determine what our
next course of action for this release will be.

We appreciate everyone's patience, as we are dedicated to providing
quality firmware updates for our customers.

Thanks,
TenTec Engineering
John Henry

John Henry, KI4JPL