[TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.,

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sun Apr 25 11:00:33 PDT 2010

I don't think that is true.  It does not have one less safety feature.

My Omni VII   -IS- protected.   It shuts down entirely if SWR
is too high, whereas the JA rigs lower power until they get
comfortable.   But the high SWR remains in any case.  I prefer
to fix that than worry about how much power is getting to the antenna.

the only difference between a TenTec TX and, say,