[TenTec] Timewave 599ZX-Omni VI Opt 3

Art Trampler atrampler at att.net
Mon Apr 26 18:23:07 PDT 2010

‘Evening,

I’m curious if any of you have added a Timewave 599ZX to an Option 3 or Omni
VI Plus, and if you did, did it make for a considerable improvement or was
it somewhat redundant?

I live in an older section of town that is prone to line noise.  The NB on
my Option 3 is generally useful against it provided there are no strong
signals at all close by.  Using a CW filter tends to negate the value of the
NB because, I imagine, the timing is distorted by signal delay in the
filter.  The DSP noise reduction on my Omni VI is useless against it.

73,

Art Trampler, KØRO