[TenTec] Orion II 15 m CW Transmit Power Fluctuation

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Wed Apr 28 18:52:43 PDT 2010

I have to say that the mere existance of a "pin one problem" (sic) is
neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for
having Radio Frequency Interference (or even hum on the signal) in the
shack.

If it were a sufficient condition, then almost every shack - and certainly
most all Ten Tec equipped shacks - would have serious
RFI problems that would require remediation.  This is self-evidently not the
case.  Most shacks do NOT have RFI problems.
Some do of course.

If it were a necessary condition, then no device NOT having a "pin one
problem" (sic) would ever have RFI.  This, self-evidently is not
the case either.

My point is only this.  The problem of radio frequency interference is very
broad, and covers a very wide range of causes and
effects.  If one does not take a wide view of this matter, one will have a
very hard time solving RFI problems.....or, in fact, in
understanding why they DON'T have RFI problems when they "should."

Hence my reference earlier to the "old saw."  I won't bother to list my
educational background, my published papers, my experience in
aerospace and electrical engineering, my patents, or anything else....since
none of that would be productive, nor would it solve the
original poster's (and many others too) technical problems.  Responding to
that kind of stuff just leads to flame wars and takes ones
attention away from solving real problems.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ