[TenTec] OT: automotive lightning hit

Michael Goins wmgoins at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 17:02:32 PDT 2010

I worked with a guy some years ago who had lightning hit the
windshield frame of his corvette. He was able to get the car to the
side of the road safely, but he said he was totally blinded for a few
minutes. I helped him with tracing out circuits, but the corvette was
essentially toast. There was virtually no circuit in it that hadn't
fried. Some were welded to the frame, others had wire vaporized. He
looked at a wiring harness replacement, but there was so much damage
that he decided there was too much potential for forever issues.

Mike, k5wmg
Pipe Creek, Texas
Fast cars, slow boats, big dogs, old trucks, little radios, and
summers off to write