[TenTec] headsets

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 11 20:19:04 PDT 2010

YES I HAVE ONE.   Good sounding and comfortable.
NEARLY the same (close)  as the Yamaha set Jim B likes.
Has an electret condenser microphone.

I also have the Koss SB-40 which is EXACTLY the same
as the Yamaha set, but with a dynamic mic  (like what
the Omni VII expects to see...)  and I think it is just the
same -- I have used both the Yamaha and the Koss SB-40
and SB-45 headsets.   The Yamaha set originally had a
dynamic type microphone, and more recently, it comes
with an electret condenser microphone.

In my view, the Koss units are both as good as the Yamaha.
We used both interchangeably at our contest station last
Winter.   The Guys liked them a lot.

I would sell either or both of mine if anybody is interested....;-)

In contrast, I have opted for a couple of other headsets,
including the AudoTechnica BPHS1,  and the Sennheiser
HMD-45-6 and Shure SM-2.  No complaint on the Koss units,
just liked these better.