[TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 11 23:14:49 PDT 2010

Very light weight.    Very comfortable, I think.   And NOT too snug.
I wear them all day - especially when doing stuff around the house.

They have a vinyl leatherette ear pad.   I cannot say whether or not
YOUR ears would get hot or not... mine do on nearly ALL  headphones and
that is why I like open air phones, but my wife says her ears never get
warm.   Do YOUR ears get warm in most headphones you use?

The RS-170 phones are lighter than most closed ear phones.   They are
NOT hotter than other closed cup phones of similar design.  If you have
ever used AKG K-240 headphones, they are about the same weight, clamping
pressure, and "warmth"   as that model.   If other phones do not heat
you up, these will not.

What phones are you used to wearing ?  I might be able to make a direct
comparison if I am familiar with the model.

NOTE - the RS-170 have a really good long range transmitter.   It also
has a switchable surround sound and an extra bass boost.   If these
features do not mean much to you, then you would be equally pleased with
the RS-160 which sound exactly the same ... in fact my wife has the
RS-160 and I have the RS-170.  I cannot tell them apart listening to
them.   Equally comfortable.    The RS-160 transmitter is not quite as
strong as the one that comes with the RS-170 -- but it works anywhere in
my house - two floors, 2400 square feet per floor, and they reach
outside the house quite a ways also.   I think the RS-160 wireless
phones are an equally good value, at a substantially lower price.