[TenTec] swr

John Molenda cdistflatfoot at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 17:03:10 PDT 2010

  Hi All , I have a TT Orion II and when I use it on 160 with a palstar
auto tuner , TT Titan III 417Amp  and a new zero five vertical antenna
The swr runs a muck.  This only happens with 250 watts or more , the swr
will read on the radio or  tuner say 3.1:1  the Palstar auto tuner
knocks it down to 1:1 and all is fine then all of a sudden maybe in the
middle of a qso the swr will rise to 3 .1:1and I have to re tune and of
course this will send the amp into a fault position . It is almost like
the tuner just stops working .  I can't remember if this has happened on
other bands but it will happen on 160 .  to answer some questions , no
the tuner in the OII is not on when I use the palstar tuner .  And Yes I
have 48 radials down at 45 foot each.  I use no grounding inside the
shack but my antennas and coax are grounded outside the shack .  Is the
problem the radio , tuner , amp or what .And by the way the antenna
plays real nice on all other bands .   thanks for your input in advance
.  all the best ! John kb2huk