[TenTec] swr

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Mon Aug 16 00:01:18 PDT 2010

You could always try a Hygain AV-6110 for $250 bucks.

Grabbing my handy Lightning Calculator copyright 1932, I see my coil
would be about 300 microhenries and the few on line references about
such a loading coil tend to show 42 to 70 microhenries. Where my coil
would be 6" diameter and 4" long with 12 turns to the inch, a 50
microhenry coil would be 3" long, 2-1/2" diameter and 12 turns to the
inch. And if it wasn't enough inductance for resonance, it would still
definitely improve the load Z for the tuner.

73, Jerry, K0CQ