[TenTec] Intermittent Omni VI RX Falloff (Art Trampler)

CaroleandDouglas at aol.com CaroleandDouglas at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 12:10:55 PDT 2010

I had the same problem on my Omni-VI and fixed it by removing and
re-installing the crystal filters.

Doug  N7QS

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:15:29 -0500
From: "Art Trampler"  <atrampler at att.net>
Subject: [TenTec] Intermitten Omni VI RX  Falloff
To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'"  <tentec at contesting.com>

Hey All,

On  my Omni VI Opt 3, the RX periodically drops off 20 to 25db, using  a
6db/S-unit scale.  If I wiggle the RF gain it can pop back, or if I go  key
down for one ?dih.?  I haven?t tried simply closing the PTT to  restore (as
opposed to any transmission) but I think that would also do  it.

I?d think ?Relay? or ?Diodes? if it only popped back with  closing the
PTT/sending; I?d think bad solder joint if it was only the RF  gain.  What?s
interesting is that the RX is not lost, just  significantly
reduced/attenuated.

Your  thoughts?

Thanks,
Art