[TenTec] Original Orion Firmware

QUENTIN COLLIER q.g.collier at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 21 08:29:50 PDT 2010

I'm using v2.063XG on my Orion 1 here in South London.

The reason for using this version is rather a default one....I tried 2.063XG,
was quite satisfied with it and saw no reason to revert to the previous version!

However the real reason for e-mailing is to flag what appears to be a minor
bug......no big deal really but if you're aware of it then you can avoid it
recurring in your new wizzo update (which I look forward too eagerly).

When I change from RF AGC to AF AGC (or vice versa) the Orion appears to stop
sending the frequency data to the computer as the logging program (I use N1MM)
stops displaying frequency changes as you move the tuning dial. I'm almost
certain that the problem is at the Orion end rather than in N1MM as if I reboot
the Orion it starts working again without needinf to reboot N1MM.

Hope that gives you enough information to track it down, and keep up the good
work.

73,

Quin G3WRR