[TenTec] Orion II firmware

John Simon jrsimon at ozemail.com.au
Sun Aug 22 17:37:07 PDT 2010

I totally agree with Andre, my OII was my 70th birthday present to me and I
find the radio a benchmark for all other AR radios.  The RX's are fantastic.
Originally set up with 2.039d I experimented with the other versions that
were available, they were interesting but not the whole deal.  I find the
current version, since John Henry returned to be a good replacement for
2.039d.
 Yes some mod's could be made but this is a personal thing.  I don't have a
personal programmer to modify the software to my personal needs.   My QTH is
in a reasonably quiet area so I have little need of the NR,NB etc, maybe
this will change when  'Ol Sol gets out of bed.
If you don't like your OII,  send her over here I'm sure I could find
another job for it.

      John de VK2XGJ
Sometimes I act normal, but I get bored,
  so I just go back to being me!