[TenTec] PTO - solid state tuning video.

k8bbm at srt.com k8bbm at srt.com
Thu Dec 2 09:29:01 PST 2010

yes, pls post to group, dave nd0cw
----- Original Message -----
From: J. W. (Dub) Thornton <dub at atlinkwifi.com>
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 10:22:24 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PTO - solid state tuning video.

Don:

Very impressive!  I have a Corsair II I bought new in 1987, my first
Ten Tec, but not my last.  Whose optical encoder are you using?  Is
it a kit?  I am interested, but not totally sure I am technically
competent enough to do this, tho I have rebuilt one PTO, and cleaned
half a dozen, in the older Ten Tec radios.  Appreciate any info you
may shed.  Thanks,

73  Dub

At 02:23 PM 11/30/2010, you wrote:
>http://www.zerobeat.net/wb8yqj/c2dds2.wmv
>
>Here is a short video, showing Corsair II with fingertip tuning
>using optical encoder - no PTO. Also band switching from SSB to CW
>and back, with no cranking the knob! I mounted the dial skirt and
>original knob for retro look, but the feel is definately SOTA (state
>of the art). This radio has an Inrad 2.8 filter, and sounds as good
>as anything I have new or old.

J. W.  (Dub) Thornton  K5DUB
Minco, OK.