[TenTec] Titan 425 Major H/L Voltage drop

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Dec 3 12:04:15 PST 2010

On 12/3/2010 11:27 AM, ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net wrote:
> Excessive load on the HV secondary could also reduce the voltage produced by the 28 V secondary.

I'd call that VERY unlikely.  The soft start circuit, as noted by Jerry,
Ron, and me is a far more likely cause.  I mentioned the caps because
there is also the possibility of a "two problem problem,"  and more than
once I've seen folks (including me) go way too far down the wrong path
because they ruled it out.  :)  That is, bad caps in BOTH power supplies
could give the result noted.

73, Jim K9YC