[TenTec] Speech to Text

mike bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Mon Dec 6 08:33:29 PST 2010

I tried to use Macspeech Dictate (powered by dragon) and have had lack luster results.

perhaps my speech is less than perfect, but I can't get it to do my call sign correctly.

At $300 bucks, microphone included, I was hoping for better results.

the claim 99% accuracy. I find, my voice, I'm lucky to break 70%

even at 99% that's one word in ten and 10 words per hundred. That's a lot of corrections to be made.

and since you have to train the software to your voice, I don't believe it would work on signals coming in from the radio.

just my .02 worth.

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
If it wasn't for great distances, we would all live a lot closer!