[TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle]

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Dec 8 18:57:07 PST 2010

Good point Greg, on the ties, I guess we should say then, that the Eagle
is 6 above the Corsair.  The Corsair is a nicely done radio, nice
controls, layout, overall size, and you can hear the DX with a modest
antenna, and work them well.  I almost picked one up from an estate, but
I already had 3 Ten Tec radios.  You run out of desk space pretty quick!

The Eagle looks as easy to use as my Argonaut V, which is a simple front
panel to learn.  I am seriously drawn to its simple and straightforward
appearance and good specs.  The new radio should have parts available
for some time, something that gets all too iffy with older transistor
ham rigs.

-Stuart
K5KVH