[TenTec] Orion II Display

Natan Huffman W6XR at Frontiernet.net
Mon Feb 1 16:43:00 PST 2010

Even though I'm personally disappointed by the lack of Orion II software
updates, I still have hope for the radio.  The K3 people are really doing a
good job (indicated by a sort of rigs used in N4ZR contesting database) and
I just ran across their about to be released P3 Panadapter which is
something I would buy immediately from Ten Tec if it was available.  The
only thing needed (IMHO) to make the Orion II once again most desirable is
either development of a stand alone display or rewritten software to make
the existing sweep display more useful.

Is any manufacturer making a stand alone, integrated display for use with
the Orion II?  I sure hope Ten Tec keeps supporting the Orion II as the
flagship radio it could be!

73

Natan W6XR

Freeville, NY