[TenTec] Orion 2 and WSPR

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 04:46:15 PST 2010

I've not yet tried WSPR, but I noted that you're also having trouble with
PSK.  Unlike RTTY, PSK requires the O II  to be in USB mode, not FSK.  (MMTT
Y will work in RTTY either way.)  Maybe WSPR does too.

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 2/2/2010 8:30:27 A.M. GMT Standard Time,
peter at frenning.dk writes:

Joseph  Feustle skrev:
> Is anyone on the list using an Orion for WSPR? If so,  I'd like to know
what
> settings your are using. I have mine interfaced  via a microHam microKeyer
> and just cannot get it to  transmit.
>
> I have the same problem transmitting in PSK, but  RTTY runs great through
> MMTTY.
>
> 73 Joe N8JF

I am, with great success, but using a SignaLink USB connected via the
AUX I/O connected on the back. Be aware of one undocumented gotcha -
there's 5V DC present on the Line Out pin, into an unprotected circuit
that can ruin your whole day.

This is probably not your problem  though, you need to find out whether
keying (PTT) is working first of all,  then check the audiolevel coming
from the interface.
Are you using WSPR  2? it has a greatly improved setup.

--
Vy 73 de  OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

**  Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
** and ninety-nine per cent   **
** perspiration.       **
**   -- Thomas A.  Edison   **
email:  peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk