[TenTec] Old vs New = crunch time

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 2 14:53:27 PST 2010

You do not really explain WHY you need a new radio
at this time.  Mere lapse of time is not a reason to
buy a new radio.  *  Is there an unmet need a new rig
would meet?

                * [...but don't tell that to MY wife...]

Buying a new radio is like buying a new car...

    First, we decide we want one.... and only
          after that do we contrive the reasons for it.
;-)

Good luck on your quest for something new.

It sounds like you already have what you really need - a
simple radio that does what you want  it to do - i.e., send
CW signals.  I appears you have decided to get another
radio, but have not expressed a reason why, other
than "it's time."    How would buying a new radio fit
your notion of "keep it simple?"

Why decide "new" versus "old" unless now?    You should
buy a new radio when you have an unmet radio NEED,
and then buy the radio that best meets the need.  The
old vs new attribute will iron itself out automatically as
you find the radio that best fits the need.

Now... if you just want another radio, but don't have an
unmet need it must solve... then, I lobby for newest,
best-est, and most-est, and ask you to help the industry
in a difficult economy....   ;-)

Just MY take.

On 2/2/2010 7:49 AM, Roger Rippy wrote:
> The thread last month regarding the Omni VI+ the best rig etc,
certainly got me thinking about the next Ten Tec rig.

It is time to seriously consider the next radio for my shack
and the decision crunch is between a previously owned rig
and a new one.