[TenTec] Waterfall & sweep display

Philip C. Anderson xtraham58 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:56:43 PST 2010

Good evening folks,

During the 160 contest this past weekend I had a chance to play with these features, waterfall & sweep displays.

First of all I noticed that I had to have the RF preamp ON in both cases in order to see much of anything. In the sweep mode, with the preamp OFF the signals are just  slightly above the base line. In the waterfall mode, which is very washed out no contrast,I could barely see anything until I turned the preamp ON.

Is this normal and is that all that I should expect?

73's Andy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE NRA