[TenTec] Orion ALC and power output indication meter andspeechprocessing

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Tue Feb 9 12:18:22 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 10:10 -0800, Ron Castro wrote:
> Nothing wrong with doing that, and in fact it would be a good test to see if
> my theory is right.  The problem comes when you're not running a linear and
> need full power, like at Field Day or in the NAQP contest.  If you try that,
> I would sure like to know what results you see!
>
>             Ron N6IE
>        www.N6IE.com

I've run more than one FD CW station on battery and at 25 watts to
preserve battery power and made contacts just as fast as I did other
field days with 100 watts. Funny thing that I found feeding an 8' whip
on a little Airstream with a manual tuner. On a band like 40 on CW I
could tune once and work the whole CW segment, but on phone I had to
retune every 20 or 30 KHz because I didn't get answers if I didn't.
Shows how much more critical power was on phone and that's in MASSIVE
QRM.

73, Jerry, K0CQ