[TenTec] Orlando Hamcation - Report

info4mjs at att.net info4mjs at att.net
Fri Feb 12 11:40:36 PST 2010

Hi,
Today was a dismal day since it was raining and all but a couple of outdoor vendors were "open".  Ten-Tec once again was right across the isle from Elecraft (who was displaying their new P3 panoramic display for the K3).

Unbelievably, the Ten Tec area was crowed and the Elecraft area was not.  Perhaps it was because they were struggling to get the P3 to work.  Personally, I have a difficult time believing one can pay as much as you have to to get the Elecraft setup which looks and feels like kits.

I own an Orion 2 and was unimpressed that Ten Tec was running the non-beta latest released software.  That tells me they've got nothing new in the works.

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate tomorrow.

Mike, WA1SEO