[TenTec] Electric safety

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Fri Feb 19 16:02:51 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 11:30 -0500, DAVID HELLER wrote:
> I really enjoyed that part.  Of course my fee was a bit higher for days
> spent in court (very enjoyable!) and I like to dictate the questions to the
> opposing lawyer for his cross - and most would fall for it.  The best
> invariably was a cross question  not quite related to the case at hand which
> was so easy to answer: "Sorry, that's out of my expertise and I'm not
> qualified to answer."  And the judge breaking in telling him to stop wasting
> time and keep it relevant.  What's nicer than having his honor on your side!
>
> The best I ever had was actually right close to home on an amateur radio
> antenna/zoning case (no charge of course) with K3DSF vs U.S.Steel.  Two of
> us were :Pete's expert witnesses, myself and K3BNS, now W3BE, who
> subsequently became FCC's head of  personal (Amateur and CB) in DC, and
> until recently QCWA president. Story is fairly long - maybe another time
> here.  But the case - l963 +/- is well known to ARRL, and I don't know why
> it hasn't set a precedent for the covenant restriction crap.  But I'm no
> lawyer, so what do I know.    Dave, K3TX

One time after leaving my foot prints all over the power company defense
attorney in deposition the attorney who had hired me teased me about not
respecting that attorney's glorious years as a quarter back for the
University of Iowa football team. I pointed out that this was the real
world, not a game in a stadium, and besides I don't care about football
and didn't know his history. That one didn't go to trial either.

73, Jerry, K0CQ