[TenTec] Omni Vi chirp

Gordon Gibson gordon at gibson174.plus.com
Fri Feb 26 03:01:46 PST 2010

My Omni (563) has never chirped either,
I bought it on ebay it needed aligning, but never chirped
it drifted badly until I fitted the TXCO mod and I have had to replace the
driver Transistors and one of the bias transistors, and it now runs like a
Rolls Royce, and I would also like to say that Tentec have been superb in
supplying the components and their response to my emails has been A1.

it still drifts 30hz after 90 minutes on my daily SSB 80m net !

73 de Gordon G3ZFZ

gordon at gibson174.plus.com