[TenTec] Orion II cabinet temp?

info4mjs at att.net info4mjs at att.net
Fri Feb 26 15:45:18 PST 2010

 The Orion II does seem to run warm.  Considering that the MTBF of electronics decreases by a factor of 2 for approximately every 10C degree rise, adding a fan seemed like a decent thing to do.

I removed the internal speaker and installed a muffin fan without modifying anything.  Typically these fans run quite loud so I installed a resistor in series to drop the voltage and the speed.  It's barely noticeable however the drop in temperature is very noticeable.

Mike, WA1SEO