[TenTec] High stability frequency reference oscillator for theOrion II

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 1 15:50:46 PST 2010

as an aside, I found that my O II was off by 30 Hz (low -- I think).
I took the cover off and adjusted it as best I could using WWV at 15
MHz and the "match tones between USB and LSB" method. Now I'm within
about 3 to 6 Hz at 15 MHz.

I found that the TCXO adjustment was a bit touchy and that that was
about the best I could do.

I think that the TCXO in my old TS-930S was more stable than the one
on my O II. The '930S has worse phase noise, though.

Happy New Year,

Kim N5OP