[TenTec] OMNI VI - Low Power output

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Sat Jan 9 12:43:44 PST 2010

could also be a failure in the band select relays. that would explain
the odd swr reading.

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is
never sure.

On Jan 9, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Dr. Gerald N. Johnson wrote:

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 11:20 -0800, Dennis Ashworth wrote:
> The power output of my OMNI has dropped to around 30 watts, as
> measured
> on the OMNI front panel and an external power meter. The collector
> current (as displayed to front panel meter) is about 15 A.  SWR
> indication on the front panel is incorrect, indicating 3:1 into a
> dummy
> load -(1:1 indicated on the external power meter).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Tnx
> Dennis, K7FL

ALC/power detector diodes. I've heard of it before.

73, Jerry, K0CQ