[TenTec] [(TenTec) help with Centurion Amp]

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jan 10 20:54:06 PST 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:29:03 -0600, Donald, K6RV wrote:

>The Titan is obviously different if Jim set his bandswitch in the
>20m position for 17m and 15m position for 12m.

Yes. Also, when first experimenting with them, I tried the higher
bandswitch setting for both. As I recall, I could make 17M work on
either the 20M or 15M setting. Perhaps the same on 12M. Don't
recall, but my operating notes to myself, based on that testing,
says to run 17M on 20 and 12 on 15M.

BTW -- two of the three units I have can be run at greatly reduced
drive level (about 8W) to put out 200W on 30M, and I do that
occasionally when chasing a rare one. The bandswitch setting that
works best is 40M. The oldest of the three (VERY early production)
won't work on 30M at all. Behavior suggests that one of the bandpass
filters is preventing it.

73,

Jim K9YC