[TenTec] How Well is a Scout on SSB

Jliving39 at aol.com Jliving39 at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 17:12:00 PST 2010

I used my Scout mobile on 40 and 20 meter ssb and cw.  Used it at only  25
watts with Hustler resonators.
Always got good audio reports and could work all I could hear which was a
lot.  The Scout has excellent ears. On ssb used it mainly on the county
hunter net on 20..  While usually only getting an S5 report or so it was
usually solid copy.  On cw never experienced a drifting problem.  I do  not send
more than 20 wpm.  Let it warm up a little to get stable and also  do not
let it get too warm in a hot car.  Worked all over the world on 20  cw mobile.
 It is a good sturdy, simple radio that gets the job done.   I still have
two of them, but now use the ARGO V mobile most of the  time.   Next trip out
plan to take the ARGO V and a Scout.   jim, K4CFA