[TenTec] Orion II receive antenna input

Speer, Doug Doug.Speer at FairbanksMorse.com
Wed Jan 13 14:00:08 PST 2010

Thanks for all the tips and information.  It has been quite helpful in getting me headed down the right path.  It always amazes me how much knowledge and experience is out there.

Doug, W9PN
**********************
I am away from my QTH & Orion II manual.  Maybe some of  you know the
>answers to my questions.  I would like to use the receive antenna input for
>a 160/80m low noise receive antenna input.  How much built in RF protection
>/ switching does the Orion II have on this input?  In other words how much
>input protection do I need on the receive only antenna to prevent RF damage
>to the Orion due to RF energy from my transmitting antenna feeding back
>into the receiver via the receive antenna input?  How is the use of a
>separate receive antenna best handled with a single Orion II station?
>

> Doug, W9PN
> Janesville, WI
----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.